Friday, December 3, 2021

Eating Poison

I came home from work yesterday with a budding headache that only got worse. Two Tylenols, my usual foolproof headache remedy, did nothing to help. I rode the exercise bike for half an hour which helped a little bit.

Why did I feel terrible? I got lunch from McDonald's. Nothing crazy: a crispy chicken sandwich, medium fries, and medium Sprite. It's a good thing the McRib is gone- on Nov 18 I had one of those gut bombs for lunch, and actually had to go to bed around 6:30pm because I was so tired.

I'm coming around to the realization that sugar is poison, but I don't think of McDonald's food as being particularly sugary, other than its drinks and (of course) its desserts. So it must have something else in it that's awful. Maybe the buns, or whatever meat that was once some animal- I literally don't know if McRib is alleged to be pork or beef. 

What I do know is I don't get sick off of Chick Fil-A's chicken sandwich, fries, lemonade, or even its shakes. I'll keep getting coffee at Mickey D's and maybe an occasional Bacon Egg & Cheese Biscuit, but I guess I can't eat their sandwiches. It's like taking poison.

No comments:

Post a Comment